John Key has announced his shadow cabinet.
Big winners are;
- Maurice Williamson – moves to the front bench
- Simon Power is promoted from number seven to number four and gets Justice and Commerce. He retains Corrections.
- Wayne Mapp gets Defence and Auckland Issues.
- Tim Grosser gets Trade and Associate Finance.
- Chester Burrows gets Police.
- Jackie Blue gets Women's Affairs.
- Jonathan Coleman gets Broadcasting.
- Kate Wilkinson gets Labour Industrial Relations.
- Pansy Wong gets ACC and Ethnic Affairs.
- Paul Hutchinson gets Tertiary Education.