The crippled campaign manager is in full damage control tonight as fears of TVNZ’s poll starts to manifest. He has sent an email (and we know how I get those) to the faithful imploring them to hold the line against the onslaught.
What does this email mean?
It means Trevor, at least, has a sniff of the TVNZ poll and impending doom. He is frantically trying to hold the line. Note the lies about paying down debt. Labour intends to borrow massively to fund this policy. As we have seen today Labour hid their tables of data which prove their pans are to borrow even more. As long suspected Labour are flat broke and totally relying on Social Media for their campaign.
He has admitted that the public “don’t care” about the detail of their tax policy, they are trying to avoid the scrutiny because they know that they haven’t done the heavy lifting and are outsourcing that all to a nameless and faceless group called the “Expert Panel“. They know the numbers don’t add up, they know that it is all smoke and mirrors.
From: Trevor Mallard [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, 15 July 2011 5:XX p.m.
To: Trevor Mallard
Subject: #ownourfuture – Let’s keep the conversation
Yesterday’s launch went brilliantly and the first round of media has been very positive.
We have been heartened by the positive support from experts, the growing traffic to thewww.ownourfuture.co.nz linked site and wonderful feedback on the video (available on the ownourfuture.co.nz website).
However, as we all know the NACT team will be coming for us over the weekend, there will be hiccups including a TVNZ poll taken before the launch and without the policy details. We want to keep the momentum going as much as is possible.
The key point for us is not to be dragged down into the detail on the CGT. The public don’t care and we get boring.
We need to stay at a higher level. Let’s keep dealing with the why’s :- paying off the debt, not selling the assets and having a fairer tax system. A big part of spreading the word about Labour’s tax policy is through our social networking sites.
How to spread the word
· Send the email you get on to friends
· Share the website link www.ownourfuture.co.nz
· Share good articles from the papers
· Retweet supportive comments from commentators and third parties
· When tweeting please use #ownourfuture
· Avatars are attached – please switch out at 3pm
· Share the site on Facebook
Suggested lines for status updates and tweets
· Labour’s plan to keep assets and pay off debt #ownourfuture
· Labour’s bold plan for the economy- most NZers will get a tax break #ownourfuture
· NZ not for sale #ownourfuture
· Family home exempt – tax not retrospective #ownourfuture
· Kiwis better off with Labour #ownourfuture
· Stop Asset Sales #ownourfuture
· Labour’s plan means we can keep our assets #ownourfuture
· If you are in a hole, don’t sell the ladder #ownourfuture
· Labour: Keep our assets to grow our economy not someone else’s #ownourfuture
· Labour’s tax reform will pay the debt down, and lets Kiwis own our future. #ownourfuture
Let’s keep the conversation going.