David Cunliffe has gone from favourite to second place in Labour’s leadership stakes. He needs some cut through.
A poll on his strengths against David Shearer in the minds of the public would be a good idea. The problem is the minds of the public may not actually be in favour of Silent T. This shouldn’t deter him as he can easily get a poll that tells him whatever he wants if he goes to Roger Larkins at Research First.
Readers will remember Roger was the pollster that reckoned Colin Craig would get 47% of the vote in Rodney. I outed him for running a mickey mouse poll, but that is exactly the reason that Silent T should use his company. Mickey Mouse questions like this would help Silent T.
- Did you know the Labour leadership is being contested at the moment?
- Did you know that one of the contestants, David Cunliffe, is a good family man, successful businessman and has a Harvard education?
- Did you know his opponent David Shearer once fed mango skins to starving Africans?
- Did you know David Cunliffe’s policy is to feed starving africans the whole mango, not just the skins?
- Did you know David Shearer favours mercenaries taking over from armies in the worlds trouble spots?
- Did you know David Cunliffe favours dampening down hotspots, not sending in private armies of highly paid mercenaries?
- Would you prefer David Cunliffe to be the leader of the Labour Party?
A poll like this would mean Cunliffe would get some positive news, especially if he doesn’t release the questions.