This is a really a case of stupid is as stupid does:
The family of a 30-year-old mother who died suddenly say her 7.5 litre-a-day Coca-Cola habit was partly to blame.
Mother-of-eight Natasha Marie Harris died on February 25, 2010 after a cardiac arrest, Coroner David Crerar heard at an inquest yesterday in Invercargill.
Pathologist Dr Dan Mornin told the court Ms Harris’ main cause of death was cardiac arrhythmia, but she also had severe hypokalemia – lack of potassium in the blood – probably relating to excessive consumption of soft-drink.
He said although it was difficult to confirm this from post-mortem tests, it was consistent with her symptoms of tiredness and lack of strength and with other cases of heavy soft-drink consumers.
Dr Mornin said it was probable a combination of factors, including poor diet, played a role in her death.
The court heard Ms Harris had a poor diet and was a heavy smoker, with a 30-a-day habit.
But her family is convinced her Coca-Cola consumption played a part in her death – and they say the popular drink should carry warning signs.
Of course¬†the¬†30 plus cigarettes a day and a poor diet didn’t contribute in any way to her early demise….no of course not, it was all the fault of Coke.