According to the Dompost right when Queen Hekia is neck deep in the merde she has lost four staff.
This week a new team of staff started work in Ms Parata’s office. Three private secretaries have all left for new jobs and her ministerial adviser has gone to work for Prime Minister John Key.
However, Ms Parata’s office rejected suggestions the departures were connected to the class sizes row.
Word is that it is not because of her failure to do what Anne Tolley managed for three years, and not make any silly mistakes in the education portfolio. As highlighted when the beltway sycophants were crowning the new Queen, Hekia and staff have an unfortunate habit of parting company.
- After losing five parliamentary Executive Assistants in the first two years in parliament, do they think Hekia will front the next CTU anti 90 day advertisement?
- Are they aware that if you lose four EAs in around a year Parliamentary Services remove your right to recruit your own office staff?
- Do they know why the Maori Affairs select committee had a change of personnel? And was it because Hekia was publicly yelling at Tau Henare, who was actually in the same party as her, for those press gallery reporters who were in some doubt?
- Have they scrutinised her employment record in her career before she entered parliament?
- Are they confident she would be able to run a ministerial office, and work with departmental chief executives and staff, or would they need a special golden handshake fund for her department?
Did anyone do due diligence on Hekiaâ€™s HR record before promoting her? Or did her liberal elite bona fides ensure she was whisked to the top as quickly as humanly possible?
Whatever the case the mutterings from the beltway about Hekia being a National Party leader can be safely silenced as her attitude towards staff is the same as her attitude towards caucus members who will vote for her, making her about as popular as Simon Power…or herpes.