IRD sending out personal information
Oh dear, it looks as though IRD is following ACC’s lead. I wonder which National Party activist the IRD has sent them to?
Inland Revenue has apologised after personal details for just under 30 customers were incorrectly released.
Deputy Commissioner Service Delivery Arlene White said a preliminary internal investigation indicated last week’s incident may have been caused by a manual handling error.
The part I am most concerned about is that they haven’t got the information back. May be the recipient is negotiating a deal?
“We have contacted the recipient of this information and our highest priority is the return of the information,” Ms White said.
“We are also contacting the customers whose information has been released to apologise and letting them know the steps we are taking to remedy the situation.”
So, do the initial ‘steps’ to the ‘remedy the situation’ look something like this:
1. Ask for the information back
2. Ask again for the information to be returned
3. Have meetings to have the information returned.
4. Strike a deal to get the information returned – lower tax rate perhaps?
5. Ask the recipient really nicely to stay away from Phil Kitchin.