Since it is Labour day I thought I would give readers a little piece of information as a taster of a series that is to come.
In the last financial year 15 CTUÂ affiliatedÂ unions lost members money.
The largest loss was $674,687 and the smallest loss was $205.
The losses of members money in total (from those unions that have bothered to file accounts) was $2,210,423
Some other key numbers to astound you:
- One Union spent $2,211,414 on travel andÂ accommodation.
- That same union owes $1.2M in taxes, yet reported a surplus of $1,242,446
- One union that reported the largest loss also spent $1,149,528 on travel andÂ accommodation.
- The top ten unions by revenue pulled in $96,392,035 in fees.
- Those same unions spent $54,139,939 on wages and salaries or 56% of all revenue.
- 13 CTU affiliate unions are yet to supply proper audited accounts as required by law.
There is more to come as I continue to collate and analyse the big money that flows through the unions.