Our Pinko mate has done a summary of the halfwit Labour policies that their conference is going to discuss. It shows Labour is still a collection of identity politics ratbags and doesnâ€™t represent Waitakere Man.
Some of their sure fire vote winners are:
Supporting the failing union movement
- De facto compulsory unionism by forcing all employees to â€ścontribute to the benefits of enterprise and multi-enterprise bargainingâ€ť
- Turn contractors into employees
- Reverse employment law changes and destroy NZ as a location for international film making
- Ban companies that do not pay a â€śliving wageâ€ť (which is much higher than the minimum wage) from winning government contracts
Halting Economic Growth
- Ban seabed mining for minerals oil and gas
- Ban fracking
- A tax on aquaculture
- Ban all coal mining
- A mineral exports tax
Middle Class Welfare
- 52 weeks paid parental leave (why stop there â€“ go for 18 years I say!)
- A universal child benefit so millionaires get paid money for having kids
- Require all private boards to comply with a 50% gender quota within five years
- A gender quota for the House of Representatives (why not a race and sexual orientation quota also!)
- That any NGO receiving even minimal government funding be required to have a 50% gender quota on its governing board!
Partnership between Maori and Pakeha
- Compulsory Te Reo Maori until age 15
- Insert the Treaty of Waitangi into the Constitution Act
- Raise the age of Super to 67 â€“ except for Maori!
Proving Socialism Works
- That the Government should create state owned and managed retirement homes
- Set up a state owned insurance company to compete with private insurers
- Nationalisation of any partially sold assets
Someone has obviously told Rainbow Labour to bugger off as there is nothing for poofters. Rainbow Labour are having a big sook about this, but have been told that Saturday night is purple shirt night in their honour so are starting to feel a bit better about themselves. Though to be fair my Labour sources tell me that the Rainbow branch have gone all in with the conference organisation and spared no expense…the coffers are suffering as a result.