I have been asked to post this to support this initiative. I do so with pleasure.
For a heartfelt article about Jack Ralston also read Bill Ralston’s Listener article about his brother:
Hoping Whaleoil readers may be interested in this and some may be interested in contributing to something new and positive.
Just over 9 weeks ago the sporting-world, in particular New Zealand’s young and developing athletes lost a legend, mentor, coach and all-round terrific guy with Jack Ralston’s death. So many of us feel that Jack left such a huge legacy which is too great to simply end at this point. So we have formed the Team JR Development Trust – run completely by volunteers. This Trust has been set up with the specific purposes of:
– Providing a mentor support structure for promising young athletes aimed at assisting them reach their potential.
– Providing a network of support for encouragement and inspiration and advice.
– To challenge national bodies towards excellence and developmental structures on the athletes behalf.
– To ensure promising triathlon, road and track athletes are adequately funded for coaching and development.
– To identify and provide development opportunities & pathways for young athletes.
We are pleased to announce the Team JR launch function will be held on Thursday 29 November at the Millennium Stadium in the Olympic room and take great pride in extending this invitation to those of you in New Zealand to attend. We will outline the upcoming activities of the Trust, introduce the Trustees and ambassadors to the Trust who are all people that have been touched greatly by Jack Ralston and hold our first fundraising event in the form of an auction on the night. Light refreshments will be provided.
A tribute to Jack that makes it clear what kind of man he was.
What: Team JR Development Trust Launch (no fee to attend)
Where: Millennium Institute of Sport and Health
When: Thursday 29 November 2012
RSVP: email [email protected]
Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you then.
The Team JR Development Trust