According to Fairfax journalist Rob Kidd, a drug cook is dead because of ┬áthe Police:
A man who died from toxic fumes caused by the P-lab he had set up in a Coromandel cave would probably be alive today were it not for a police cock-up.
The bodies of Grant Wyllie, 49, and Kerry Alexander Murphy, 40, were retrieved from an abandoned mine shaft near Whitianga on October 13.
The pair had set up a makeshift methamphetamine lab and it’s believed a petrol-powered generator caused them to die from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Murphy should not have been there.
A year before his death, charges of possession of methamphetamine for supply and possession of equipment used to manufacture the Class A drug were thrown out of court.
Justice Allan granted the Sunday Star-Times access to a High Court file which shows Murphy was caught “red handed” with 1.67 kilograms of P – worth around $1.5 million – in his Morrinsville home in May, 2009.
However, “conscious recklessness” by police, who were eventually found to have misled the court, meant the evidence found during the warrantless search was unusable and Murphy was released.
Riiiight…so he is dead because he got released from jail because of a stuff up…not because he was a career criminal more concerned with cooking meth than practising sensible ventilation precautions that every Guide or Scout learns at a young age.
Well fuck me…I’ve seen it all now.