I know & agree family shouldnât be bought onto the political radar, but I wonder about the real motives of David Cunliffeâs efforts to exclude his family and that of Grant Robertson from political discussion?
John Key, Obama, Mandela, Cameron, Blair etc etc all rolled out their families as part of their campaignsâŠ..
Upon hearing that Silent Tâs wife was an environmental lawyer, I thought, surely a friend of the greens and as an asset to the Silent T in his quest for power. Â Especially he has promised vast subsidies for green friendly companies.
I then looked at her profile,Â and came to the conclusion that she is no friend of the Greens at all.
Far from being a longâhaired, smelly hippie lawyer fighting the man for the environment. She is the opposite â the corporate gun-slinger who helps big business, mine, dig, and sell. Her client list includes:
- Mighty River Power
- The New Zealand Refining Company (Big Oil)
- Gasbridge Limited a joint venture between Contact Energy and Genesis Energy
- Lead Counsel for Fonterraâs coal-fired cogeneration plant at Whareroa
- WEL Energy, Vector
- SCA Hygiene Australasiaâs pulp and tissue manufacturingÂ
- Counsel for three telecommunications operators (Telecom, Vodafone and TelstraClear) in relation to national cellsite network rollout strategy
- Alinta Energy Â Â
- Carter Holt Harvey
- Advising Transit New Zealand in respect of its designations for the Albany to Puhoi Realignment (Which Labour opposes)
- Advising Waste Management Inc and a New Zealand landfill owner
- Advising Seafield Limited, a joint venture of de Beers and Oppenheimer interests, on an innovative off-shore minerals prospecting application and gaining consents (Labour and the Greens oppose this activity)
- Oceana Gold (Mining)
- Acting for gas and oil exploration companies in Taranaki
- Acting for overseas investors such as AMP, Westpac, Summerset Retirement Villages, Weyehaeuser Forests, Contact Energy, TrustPower and Hexion in respect of NZâs overseas investment regime (Labour opposes overseas investment)
- Acting for a petrochemical retailer on green and brown field site contamination issues
Surely, when the Greens discover this and raise questions about how they can work with Silent T.
The Greens will no doubt want a high price for their support of a Green/Labour government, and that support will likely include âno new anything, anywhere, anyhowâ.
So while rooting the economy as PM, the Silent Tâs wife will be rooting the corporate world fighting her husbandâs government policy.
How could either of them lie straight in bed ?Â Is there a perceived conflict of interest here ?