Parliament is sitting today.
You can follow proceedings starting at 2 pm on TV ( Freeview 31, Igloo 50, Sky 86, Vodafone 86 ), streaming audio via Radio New Zealand and streaming Parliament TV via the internet. After the sitting day, on-demand replays can be found at In The House.
Questions to Ministers
- MARAMA FOX to the Prime Minister: When referring to concessions needed on the Kermadec Ocean Sanctuary Bill, what did he mean when he told Radio New Zealand yesterday, “I think if you did it again, you might do it a bit differently”?
- ANDREW LITTLE to the Prime Minister: Does he have confidence in all his Ministers?
- CHRIS BISHOP to the Minister of Finance: Which sector can he report is mostly driving growth, in view of last week’s GDP figures, which showed the New Zealand economy is the third-fastest growing in the OECD?
- EUGENIE SAGE to the Minister for Primary Industries: Does he stand by his predecessor’s statement that “Protecting our aquatic environment by setting environmental standards and fostering good fishing practices results in sustainable fisheries”?
- ANDREW BAYLY to the Minister for Social Housing: What announcements has she made about how the Government is supporting those in need of emergency housing?
- PHIL TWYFORD to the Minister for Social Housing: Does she stand by her statement that buying a South Auckland motel is a “step forward” when the motel’s existing long-stay residents have received eviction notices and say they fear being made homeless?
- MARK MITCHELL to the Minister for Building and Housing: How many new homes will be built from the $750 million Northcote housing redevelopment project being led by the Hobsonville Land Company, and when will the first homes be completed?
- Hon DAVID PARKER to the Minister for Primary Industries: Does he stand by his statement on 18 May 2016 regarding investigations into illegal fish dumping that “There’s been no cover-up here. These are internal, draft investigations, part of which has been unfortunately leaked”; if so, does he now also think it’s unfortunate that a report by Michael Heron QC released last week found MPI’s decision not to prosecute was flawed?
- SARAH DOWIE to the Minister for Social Development: What announcements has she made regarding supporting people with mental health conditions into work?
- IAIN LEES-GALLOWAY to the Minister of Immigration: Is the immigration system working in the best interests of New Zealand and of migrants?
- DARROCH BALL to the Minister of Justice: Does she stand by all her statements?
- JAMI-LEE ROSS to the Minister of Customs: What reports has she received on Customs’ collaboration with overseas partner agencies to intercept drugs destined for New Zealand?
This post is a Debate post about the goings on in The House. It is not a general debate post. Off-topic comments will be removed.