Guess who the mystery person using the 3 clues. Include in your comments how the clues relate to the mystery person
1. Wright brother
3. The man
Roland Garros? 1st to fly over the Mediterranean Sea
1. Louis Blériot famous for 1st crossing the English channel in an aircraft
2. Palma de Mallorca is in the Mediterranean sea
3. Charles Lindbergh 1st to fly non-stop from New York to Paris
Not the person I am looking for.
– Famous aviator as per Louis Bleriot and Charles Lindbergh (although perhaps more specific connections?)
– Died in Palma, Majorca (pic 2)
Hmm. Jean Batten was born in 1909 – link to pic 1. Bleriot’s flight across the Channel.
Died in Majorca – pic 2
Inspired to learn to fly by Lindbergh – pic 3
Batton and Lindbergh share a couple of awards too
… not to mention that pink and white-quartered sponge cake wrapped in marzipan that’s named after them …
Pretty much what I was looking for. To add to Clue1, Jean’s mother on the wall beside Jean’s cot pinned a newspaper picture of the French pilot Louis Blériot, who had just flown the English Channel – a statement that her newborn daughter’s generation would be capable of similar achievements.
This blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Design by cre8d
Last Updated: 2016-09-27 13:00:14