Parliament is sitting today.
You can follow proceedings starting at 2 pm on TV ( Freeview 31, Igloo 50, Sky 86, Vodafone 86 ), streaming audio via Radio New Zealand and streaming Parliament TV via the internet. After the sitting day, on-demand replays can be found at In The House.
Questions to Ministers
- PHIL TWYFORD to the Minister for Building and Housing: Does he believe there needs to be a review of the Building Code given the damage sustained by modern buildings, such as Statistics House, in this week’s earthquakes?
- ANDREW BAYLY to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he received on the expected impact of the Kaikōura earthquake on gross domestic product?
- DENISE ROCHE to the Minister for the Environment: Is he satisfied that everything possible has been done to recover the bodies of the 29 men who were killed at the Pike River Mine six years ago?
- CHRIS HIPKINS to the Minister of Education: Will the exam papers completed by students sitting cancelled scholarship exams on Monday be marked as NZQA advised on Twitter; if so, how will those results be fairly compared with students who will have to sit a different exam at a later date?
- MATT DOOCEY to the Minister of Civil Defence: What are the implications of the Kaikōura earthquake being upgraded from a magnitude 7.5 to a 7.8?
- RON MARK to the Minister of Civil Defence: Can he update the House on the situation in quake-affected areas?
- TODD BARCLAY to the Minister for Economic Development: What Government support is available to businesses in areas most affected by the Kaikōura earthquakes?
- Hon DAMIEN O’CONNOR to the Minister for the Environment: What new technical information or advice did he receive, if any, in relation to the possible recovery of the Pike River Mine drift, prior to the meeting he attended in Greymouth yesterday?
- DENIS O’ROURKE to the Minister of Transport: If the Prime Minister has described SH1 as “really stuffed”, what are his plans, if any, to assist the repairs of CentrePort, upgrade Lyttleton Port for ferries, repair SH1 and alternative routes, as well as rail in both islands?
- GARETH HUGHES to the Minister for Climate Change Issues: Is she concerned that New Zealand received a “Fossil of the Day” award at the climate change conference in Marrakech?
- JOANNE HAYES to the Minister for Land Information: What is Land Information New Zealand doing to support the ongoing earthquake recovery efforts?
- CLARE CURRAN to the Minister of Civil Defence: Does he support the call from Dr Ken Gledhill, Director of GeoNet, for a 24/7 tsunami warning system; if so, when will the Government provide the funding for that system?
This post is a Debate post about the goings on in The House. It is not a general debate post. Off-topic comments will be removed.