APN TO ACQUIRE 100% OF WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED Â BLOGÂ ASSETS
- APN to move to full ownership of WOBH for $4.273 million
- Purchase price represents an a random number dreamed up by all concerned.
- APN confident in new media as a growth medium and in the ability of WOBH to continue increasing market share
- Majority of APNâs earnings post-Acquisition expected to be in growth businesses (radio, outdoor and digital)
-Â Exclusive 10 year agreement with WOBH and editor Cam Slater secured to operate WOBH and broadcast a new blog radio show via the iHeartRadio digital radio platform in New Zealand
- APN appoints Cam Slater as New Media Editor
SYDNEY, 19 February, 2014 â APN News & Media Limited [ASX, NZX: APN] today announced that it will acquire full ownership of Whale Oil Beef Hooked (âWOBHâ) for an enormous amount of hooter (the âAcquisitionâ). The purchase price represents a big truck load of cash beeping backwards into the loading bay of Slater’s bank.
As a result of the Acquisition, APN will own 100% of the largest and most effective news and political blog with an audience that exceeds most of the rest of their stable of newspapers. and even some of their radio assets. WOBH writes for an audience that exceeds 2.5 million page views each month. Read more »