I don’t really know where to start with the ineptitude inside Labour dealing with the Chinese Kim Dot Com that is Donghua Liu. ¬†After the sensational claims published in the Herald on Sunday I have picked out five that I find facepalmingly horrific.
1. Publicly calling your Mainland Chinese type A mega-millionaire donor a liar.
2. Demanding¬†your Mainland Chinese type A mega-millionaire donor produce evidence of anonymous transactions. ¬†Never ask a question you already do not know the answer to.
3. Travelling to the deepest darkest part of Mainland China down¬†one of the¬†most polluted rivers in the world to meet with your Mainland Chinese type A mega-millionaire donor and telling everyone how you didn’t expect much of a welcome and didn’t ask for any of it even though he paid $50-60,000 for the knees up.
4. Everyone in the Party suddenly coming down with amnesia when your Mainland Chinese type A mega-millionaire donor claims he paid $100,000 for a bottle of wine signed by your then Leader?
5. Your Party Leader denying he had ever come across the Mainland Chinese type A mega-millionaire donor despite having helpfully written a letter on his behalf.
No. Here is the worst thing you can do to make the Mainland Chinese type A mega- millionaire lose face completely. ¬†
Send in a by Liu’s standards a very¬†average achieving woman to deal with him.
Mainland Chinese have different rules to us. ¬†Politicians in New Zealand need to understand that paying politicians in the Mainland to do things for you is not illegal unless you get caught out by paying the wrong regime. ¬†It is not even considered immoral. ¬†Mainlanders buy both sides of politics, for safety. ¬†It is also why after this year it should be crystal¬†clear that no New Zealand political party should take money from recently immigrated Chinese ever again. ¬†You could probably add any recent immigrants to that list but the Chinese are a special case. ¬†They have to buy politicians to do business in the Mainland so view it a) as no big issue and b) a national sport. ¬†New Zealand politicians can be thankful that there are no accounts yet of these businessmen using similar antics they do in business; offering drugs, hookers and luxurious gifts that keep the fool accepting the hospitality under their control forever. ¬†Evidence? Of course they always have evidence of acceptance. ¬†Those hotel room hidden cameras don’t get there on their own. ¬†Stop dancing with the devil and you lose your legs.
Donghua Liu is by all accounts a cold ruthless successful businessman in a tough world and will make Kim Dot Com look like a big soft cuddly teddy bear if he decides he wishes to man up and regain his lost face over this donorgate.
When Donghua Liu paid $100,000 for that bottle of wine or book with Helen Clark’s signature on it he did not believe he was buying a bottle of wine or a book. ¬†He believed he was buying the woman who signed the bottle and the book.
Labour may well find out that in the Mainland dealing with cash¬†is common¬†so they record it as precisely as we in the Western world record transactions that flow through bank accounts and our financial statements.
Moira Coatsworth is a child psychologist. ¬†She should understand how little Emperors get when they do not get their way. ¬†They become angry and throw their toys. ¬†Donghua Liu is a wealthy Mainland Chinese man with plenty of face in his home country of the Mainland. ¬†He is not used to dealing with uppity older women disrespecting his honour let alone one who herself is an immigrant from South Africa.
Donghua Liu prima facie doesn’t respect her at all.
And to now prevent himself from losing face altogether he has to further prove she and Labour are liars and not fit to govern.