David Fisher

Cartoon of the Day

hager.COM2

Credit: SonovaMin

How to complain to the Privacy Commissioner

Nicky Hager’s associates hacked my emails. He decided that it was his right to publish my emails.

He claims this is an honourable journalistic enterprise.

He is wrong.

He has written a book, he is making money from that book and has stated he wanted to attack me and the National party.

A book is not a journalistic enterprise, David Fisher has already paved the way in this respect with his High Court loss. Nicky Hager should have remembered that along with his lefty lawyer Steven Price. That case has not be appealed and stands as an important precedent.

Secondly in writing a book for money, and stating the reasons he wrote the book, he has established that there is malice involved. Any pretence of attempting to use journalists privileged has fallen by the wayside.

Worse still, since we are talking about journalists ethics, is that Nicky Hager failed to contact a single person he has written about in his book. Not one. He wrote the book and he published personal and private email conversations without so much as asking permission from other parties, or indeed the owner of the emails. Even I had the courtesy of speaking to Matthew Blomfield and offering him a right of reply, I even posted his right of reply unaltered, I recorded those conversations as well so they cannot be denied. I even rang Len Brown before we published.

Nicky Hager didn’t do any of those things.

Here is the thing though…he is threatening to dump more emails. You have to wonder why? Surely he put the best ones in the rather thin 140 page book?

Nicky Hager has brought News of the World style hacking to New Zealand, rather ironic don’t you think?

Hacking emails, breaching people’s privacy all for profit.

And he dares to claim it is the National party involved in dirty politics. ¬†¬† Read more »

“Tainted” Fisher’s employer gets a free pass from Kim Dotcom’s political toy

Further to the NZ Herald’s rather gigantic ballsup this morning, the Internet Party think’s it’s OK:

wewe

Read more »

Herald and tainted Journo continue to run lines for Kim Dotcom

The Herald and David “tainted” Fisher continue to shill lines on behalf of Kim Dotcom.

They have run a story today about some supposed new “evidence”.

Government minister Jonathan Coleman knew the FBI was interested in Kim Dotcom before his officials granted the tycoon residency – a revelation which has led to accusations he misled the public.

The accusation comes after Immigration NZ released a statement making it clear they told Dr Coleman about the FBI the day before the criticial residency decision was made.

Dr Coleman – now Defence Minister – is now facing calls to come clean on exactly what he was told the day before Dotcom was granted residency by Immigration NZ officials.

It emerged last week Dotcom was given residency in 2010 despite the SIS urging Immigration NZ to tell their minister the FBI was carrying out a criminal investigation into him and wanted the help of NZ Police.

Dr Coleman was briefed by Immigration NZ chief executive Nigel Bickle on October 28, the day before Dotcom was granted residency.

Dr Coleman distanced himself from the decision, saying it was made by officials. He said: “Ministers had absolutely no knowledge of any pending FBI-NZ Police investigation.” ¬† Read more »

Cartoon of the Day

Credit:  SonovaMin

Credit: SonovaMin

John Armstrong is the next Herald journo to turn on Dotcom

It appears only David “Tainted” Fisher is still sticking by his master. ¬†Whereas before the Herald appear to have been collective fans of Herr Dotcom, which then turned to a cautious silence, the accumulated public lash back has built to a crescendo where being seen to be in Kim Dotcom’s camp is no longer a career boost.

John Campbell and David Fisher are now lone voices in the face of a farce that is quickly spinning out of control.

Armstrong is over it too

The time has come for Kim Dotcom to put up or shut up, for this intelligent, canny but highly manipulative individual to front with his yet-to-be-made public disclosures which he boasts will blow John Key out of the water – and though Dotcom does not say it directly, presumably bring a rapid end to Key’s days as Prime Minister.

Dotcom must now prove far beyond any reasonable doubt that Key has lied repeatedly when challenged as to when exactly he became aware or was made aware of the former Megaupload mogul’s existence.

Time for word games are over. ¬†Armstrong doesn’t just want to smoking gun, he wants the corpse as well as video taped footage.

Key will stand or fall on the strength of Dotcom’s case. The time has come for the country to hear it and appraise it. The time has come for Dotcom to cut the babble and prove Key is the one talking nonsense when he insists that until the eve of the police raid on Dotcom’s Coatesville mansion he did not know of Dotcom, let alone that Dotcom was living in his Helensville electorate, or that Dotcom was the subject of a FBI investigation even though the intelligence agencies for which Key has ministerial responsibility had known for at least 15 months before the raid that was the case.

If the Prime Minister has not been telling the truth, then, as Dotcom and his supporters argue, it is a matter of paramount importance even if what they are arguing about could hardly be more trivial.

It follows that New Zealanders are surely entitled to know whether or not Key’s word is devoid of trustworthiness. And they should be told today. Not tomorrow. Not next week. And most surely not when it is most politically advantageous for the Internet Mana leadership – Dotcom, Laila Harre and Hone Harawira.

Actually, I think John is a little over dramatic. ¬†John Key will not fall. ¬†Assuming that sufficient hard information exists about John Key knowing about Dotcom before he has publicly stated he did, how many National voters will consider this enough of a reason to walk away from a booming economy, a don’t-rock-the-boat stewardship of our lives, and being one of the most liked people in politics? ¬† Read more »

Roughan on Dotcom’s conspiracy theory

John Roughan damns David “tainted” Fisher with faint praise, this morning, for his big reveal that wasn’t.

Conspiracy theories may be mad but they are fun. When my colleague David Fisher unearthed documents this week showing how the Security Intelligence Service had cleared Kim Dotcom’s application for residency in New Zealand, only Dotcom could imagine that it did him much good.

The SIS had described him as a “bad but wealthy man” who was under investigation by the FBI, but let the application go through after a call from the head of Immigration New Zealand asking why they had it on hold. “Apparently there is some political pressure to process this case,” one SIS officer told another.

The director of the SIS was briefed at that point and it was decided Dotcom could not be blocked on security grounds. But they advised Immigration to talk to the police about the FBI investigation. The agency repeated that advice a few days later and went so far as to have one of its staff brief Immigration’s intelligence man before a meeting with his minister at the time, Jonathan Coleman. After that meeting, the immigration official could only remind his SIS contact that the residence category for “high rollers” was a Government priority.

So it would seem fairly clear how Dotcom got in. Immigration admits it did not talk to the police. Coleman is a nice man, a doctor, who would give anyone the benefit of a doubt. Dotcom’s wealth explains the “political pressure”.

If this week’s disclosure reflected badly on Dotcom, his own take on the events was even worse. His theory is that the SIS dropped its opposition to his entry at the request of the FBI who believed that once he was in New Zealand he would be within their clutches. ¬† Read more »

Press Editorial on the farce that is Kim Dotcom

Memo to the Herald and TV3 there is a reason your audience alongside your credibility is shrinking…your audience are not as stupid as you think they are.

David “tainted” Fisher’s story proved there was no conspiracy despite him stretching¬†credibility¬†to breaking point. It also, if anything, undermines Dotcom’s claims that Key had heard of him prior to the raids, not that anyone really cares when he heard of¬†him.

As the editorial points out if Key did a deal with Hollywood it would be much easier to extradite him if he hadn’t been granted residency.

Good to see the useless Grant Robertson on the news defying his leaders edict for a positive campaign and calling for John Key to come clean on what he knows. SInce he wants John Key to come clean, how about his boss tells us who his secret donors. It looks Labour want to continue to play gotcha politics, and the recent polls show Labour precisely how that is working out.

The Press editorial outlines the farce that is Kim Dotcom.

As if the saga of Kim Dotcom were not already absurd enough, this week it descended into a swirl of conspiracy theories that made it look like downright farce.

The theories are not necessarily compatible with each other or even internally consistent. Their main purpose is likely to turn out to be simply that they keep Dotcom’s name in the public eye.

Following them and attempting to disentangle them certainly adds to the stock of harmless public entertainment.

The theories have been fed by the release of email exchanges from Immigration New Zealand and the Security Intelligence Service about Dotcom’s application for permanent residency in New Zealand.

The application had been sent by INZ to the SIS for routine security and criminal checks. Dotcom was apparently anxious that permanent residency be granted so when he had not heard from INZ his agent had asked about it, prompting INZ to urge the SIS to hurry up with its report.

Many have leapt on an SIS officer’s off-hand suggestion in an email that “political pressure” was behind INZ’s interest in getting the SIS report. ¬†¬† Read more »

Cartoon of the Day

Credit:  SonovaMin

Credit: SonovaMin

Problem solved, cancel his permanent residency

I’m not sure that either the NZ Herald or Laila Harre are being particularly helpful with David Fisher’s latest shock, horror, Dotcom piece today.

Note the Herald got an oh so convenient privacy waiver from Kim Dotcom. I’ll bet he wouldn’t give a privacy waiver to any other media organisation other than John Campbell.

Apparently there was ‘pressure’ to let him in.

The SIS tried to block Kim Dotcom’s residency application but dropped their objection 90 minutes after being told there was “political pressure” to let the tycoon into New Zealand, secret documents from the spy agency reveal.

Last night the leader of the Dotcom-funded Internet Party, Laila Harre, said she “wouldn’t have been comfortable” granting the tycoon residency if she had been the Minister of Immigration.

Documents declassified and released through the Official Information Act show the Security Intelligence Service describing Dotcom as a “bad but wealthy man” who was under criminal investigation by the FBI.

I’m not sure the game they are playing here…are they saying he should never have been let in?

I agree, but this problem can be easily fixed. Review and then cancel his permanent residency…then we don’t need to worry about extraditing him, he will have to leave anyway.

Problem solved.¬† Read more »