Go on. If you have to.
Bill English’s press release outlines the Budget at a Glance:
Progress in the Government’s programme while on track to surplus
- Provides a suite of measures to build faster economic growth, support more jobs and deliver a more innovative and productive economy.
- Forecasts economic growth to average between 2 and 3 per cent a year over the next four years.
- Includes a $100 million-a-year internationally-focused growth and innovation package to boost investment in science, research and development, and tourism.
- Confirms an additional $1.5 billion of investments from the Future Investment Fund to spend proceeds from the Government’s share offer programme.
- Allows for ACC levy cuts on households and businesses of around $300 million in 2014/15, increasing to around $1 billion in 2015/16.
- Provides significant extra money to help low-income families through a number of targeted initiatives.
- $5.1 billion of new operating spending in the current year and over the next four years for initiatives across areas such as health, education, welfare, and housing.
- Confirms an additional $2.1 billion to help rebuild Christchurch, taking the Government’s total share of the rebuild to around $15 billion.