Hamas

Apparently these masked guys with guns are no longer terrorists in the EU

A senior Hamas leader, renewing Hamas's pledge to destroy its enemy, said: 'This illusion called Israel will be removed'

A senior Hamas leader, renewing Hamas’s pledge to destroy its enemy, said: ‘This illusion called Israel will be removed’

Apparently the EU have removed Hamas form the terror list.

The EU General Court has ordered that the Palestinian militant group Hamas be removed from the bloc’s terror blacklist. The move comes over four years after Hamas appealed its terror designation before the EU.

The European Union first banned Hamas’ military wing, the Izz a-Din al-Qassam Brigades, in 2002, though the organization’s social and political divisions were not put on the terror list. Following a series of Hamas suicide bombings during the second intifada or uprising in September 2003, the EU extended the ban to include the organization as a whole.

On September 12, 2010, Hamas appealed the ban, largely on procedural grounds. In its complaint, the group cited a lack of due process, specifically, that it had not been properly informed the act was being implemented. It further asserted that as a “legitimately-elected government,” it cannot be labeled as a terrorist organization, saying such a designation flies in the face of “the principle of non-interference in the internal matters of a State.”

The court accepted the organization’s argument, saying that the decision to remove Hamas from the list was not based on an examination of Hamas’ activities, but rather on an examination of the procedures used to institute the 2003 ban in the first place. Barring the closure of an appeal, however, a funding freeze against the group will remain in place for three more months.

That court decision looks pretty stupid with Hamas parading their weapons and terror militants in the streets of Gaza on the very same day.  Read more »

UN Official calls for boycott of Jerusalem Post, UN then say he didn’t say boycott…uhmmm…yes he did

UN official Chris Gunness has called for a boycott of the Jerusalem Post because he got his knicker in a twist that he wasn’t asked for a quote in an article about he ineffectiveness of UNRWA.

Gunnesstweet.jpg

There it is in black and white…”Boycott the JPost!”

Can’t get much clearer than that.

The story was an op-ed by a Palestinian Arab. Op-eds obviously don’t require quotes.  The Jerusalem Post is centrist in its editorial line and hardly ultra-right. And none of that had anything to do with Bassem Eid who is neither Israeli nor right wing.

Now, the UN is far from perfect and UNRWA has been spanked of late for promoting hate and violence as well as allowing their hospitals and schools to be used by Hamas to conduct combat operations.

But blatant lies are so far beyond the line something needs to be done.  Read more »

Hamas Hugging Smalley gets spanked by BSA for inaccuracy

Who is the 'serious' journalist now eh Rachel?

Who is the ‘serious’ journalist now eh Rachel?

Hamas Hugging Rachel Smalley has been spanked by the Broadcasting Standards Authority for making up claims about Israel in her mad rant on her show earlier in the year.

During KPMG Early Edition, the host read out an opinion piece criticising Israel’s actions in the Israel-Hamas conflict. She referred to a recent bombing of a UN school which ‘killed everyone inside’. The Authority upheld the complaint that this was inaccurate, as in fact 16 out of 3,300 people sheltering in the school were killed. It did not uphold the complaint other statements were inaccurate, as they were clearly the host’s opinion. The Authority did not make any order, as publication of this decision is sufficient to correct the error.

Upheld: Accuracy

[…]

[11]  The third statement however, and specifically the host’s assertion that the bombing of the UN school ‘killed every civilian inside’, was in our view a material point of fact. Unlike her other statements, this claim related to a specific incident and was capable of being assessed as factually accurate or inaccurate.   Read more »

Hamas has a new problem and it isn’t the Israelis

Hamas has a new problem in Gaza, and it isn’t the Israelis.

It is always dreamlike to see one Islamist terror group accuse the other of being too “lenient” when it comes to enforcing sharia laws. But it is not dreamlike when a terrorist group starts threatening writers and women.

That is what is happening these days in the Gaza Strip, where supporters of the Islamic State are accusing Hamas of failing to impose strict Islamic laws on the Palestinian population — as if Hamas has thus far endorsed a liberal and open-minded approach toward those who violate sharia laws.

Until this week, the only topic Palestinians in the Gaza Strip were talking about was how to rebuild homes and buildings that were destroyed during the last war between Hamas and Israel.

Now, however, almost everyone is talking about the Islamic State threats against poets, writers and women.

It is no secret that the Islamic State has a presence in the Gaza Strip. According to sources there, many disgruntled members of Hamas and other radical salafi-jihadi groups have already joined the Islamic State, with some fighting together with ISIS groups in Syria and Iraq.

Earlier this year, it was revealed here that Islamic State has already begun operating inside the Gaza Strip — much to the dismay of Hamas.

Hamas, nevertheless, continues to deny any presence of Islamic State inside the Gaza Strip. “There are no members of Islamic State in the Gaza Strip,” said Eyad al-Bazam, spokesman for the Hamas-run Interior Ministry.

Many Palestinians, however, do not seem to take Hamas’s denials seriously, and remain unconvinced.

Over the past few days, two separate leaflets signed by Islamic State threatened to target Palestinian poets and writers for their “wantonness” and “atheism.” The leaflets mention the poets and writers by name — a move that created panic among many Palestinians in the Gaza Strip.

The leaflets also included an ultimatum to Palestinian women to abide by Islamic attire or face the Islamic State style of punishment — presumably being stoned to death. The threat leaves one with the false impression that, under Hamas, women can wear swimming suits at the beach and walk around the streets of Gaza City in mini-skirts.

But this is what happens when one fundamentalist group believes that the other is not radical enough.

Read more »

Whinging Poms seem to want to stop Israel defending itself

Me with the Iron Dome Photo/ Cam Slater, Whaleoil Media

Pommy whingers and haters of Israel seem to want to stop Israel from defending itself by opposing the shipping of vital components for their defence forces.

Britain approved the sale of arms to Israel worth £7m in the six months before its offensive on Gaza this summer, including components for drones, combat aircraft and helicopters along with spare parts for sniper rifles, according to figures seen byThe Independent.

The government data will raise fresh concerns that British-made equipment was used by the Israeli military during Operation Protective Edge in Gaza in July and August, which led to more than 2,000 Palestinian deaths and 73 Israeli fatalities, 66 of them soldiers.

The Independent can reveal that ministers in the Department for Business Innovation and Skills (BIS) have also ordered a fresh review of military export licences to Israel granted prior to the outbreak of the conflict after officials found 12 instances where arms containing British components may have been used in Gaza by the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF).

The refusal of the Government to suspend these licences caused a split in the Coalition and led to the resignation of Foreign Office minister Baroness Warsi, who described Britain’s stance during the Israeli land and air assault as “morally indefensible”.

Official figures declared to the Campaign Against Arms Trade (CAAT) show that Britain granted 68 export licences for £6.96 of military-use items to be sent to Israel between January and the end of June this year.

The licences covered a broad range of weaponry, including parts for drones and combat jets as well as military radar components and £600,000 of “high-power RF weapon systems”, in effect energy ray weapons which can be used for purposes from air defence to disabling cars.

The licences also included armour plating, anti-armour ammunition, electronic warfare components, sniper rifle parts and technology for weapons sights. One licence for an unspecified amount of small arms ammunition was refused on grounds of “risk of diversion or re-export to undesirable end-users”.  Read more »

Now Egypt is sick of Hamas’ tunnels of terror

Israel launched an operation to stop rocket attacks, and to destroy the tunnels that Hamas was building under the border in order to attack Israel.

Now Egypt is moving against Hamas tunnels…and they aren’t anything like Israel.

Critics who think Israel is taking a heavy-handed approach in destroying Hamas terror tunnels should see what Egypt has in mind.

Facing the same type of underground routes out of Gaza that allowed terrorists to mount attacks on Israel, Egypt is considering creating a huge, 1,000-meter buffer zone in the Sinai Peninsula – they have already evicted 10,000 people in the process of clearing the first 500 meters — and digging a deep-water trench that would flood any future efforts to carve subterranean routes for smuggling weapons and terrorists in and out of Gaza. And unlike the fierce resistance and international public relations campaign Hamas mounted against Israel in August, the terrorist group that governs Gaza appears to not be seeking a head-on fight with Cairo.

“I don’t think that Hamas is looking for a confrontation with Egypt,” Zvi Mazel, Israel’s ambassador to Egypt from 1996–2001, told FoxNews.com. “They don’t want to put more oil on the fire. After all, Hamas stems from the Muslim Brotherhood — and the presence of the Brotherhood is nowhere in the fight now — so Hamas doesn’t want to speak too loud.”  Read more »

A besieged people

William Pollack discusses Israel in the wake of the killings by Palestinian terrorists in a synagogue in Jerusalem.

Just days ago, Barack Obama, the Commander in Chief and honorary Islamic Protectorate, stated the savage beheading of yet another American by ISIS, Peter Kassig, was not representative of “any faith, LEAST of all Muslim.” If Muslims are the “least” representatives of worldwide terrorism, whom might we expect to be more prominent, Lutherans?

Days ago and now vanished from the headlines, four Jewish worshippers in a Jerusalem synagogue and a security guard were viciously attacked by Palestinian MUSLIM terrorists armed with meat cleavers, axes and guns. President Obama’s all-too-common response was to make a moral equivalence between Israel, a nation of laws, and a band of cold-blooded murderers. The Palestinian Authority’s leadership response was typically indifferent, coughing up a statement of regret that “any” citizens were harmed,  then blaming Israel for everything under the sun.

Reminiscent of the Palestinians celebrating dead Americans following the 9/11 attack on the United States, Palestinians handed out candy in honor of killing men dressed in prayer shawls. This horrific event followed weeks of savage Palestinian attacks on Israelis, including ramming cars into bystanders. One of the numerous casualties was a child.

The United Nations, a wasteful and irrelevant piece of real estate, paused momentarily from their relentless condemnation of everything Israel to offer stoic regret. With the notable exception of the sincere and meaningful comments by Stephen Harper, the Prime Minister of Canada, worldwide statements of sympathy for the slain innocents were matched by the obligatory nod for more peace talks; as if Israel has a Palestinian peace partner; which they don’t.

Read more »

What Israel is up against

A little social experiment with chilling results.

Read more »

Tagged:

Palestinians being evicted, houses blown up, why no outrage?

Some so-called Palestinian’s are being evicted from their homes and the buildings torn down, but there is no world wide media outrage.

Why?

Well, because it is the Egyptians who are doing it not the Israelis.

Once more, Gaza’s border is in flames.

Civilians  are being evicted from their homes, a curfew has been imposed, and a crossing that enables Gazans to leave has been closed. Yet the world is silent. Isn’t that strange?

Hundreds of residents along one of Gaza’s borders have suddenly been ordered to evacuate, on just two days’ notice. Their homes are to be demolished. There is no talk of compensation. Why isn’t the United Nations Security Council denouncing this outrage?

Because it is Egypt, and not Israel, that is doing the evicting. (See the New York Times, October 28 edition.)

The Egyptians have decided they need a buffer zone along their border with Gaza. They don’t trust the Hamas regime, which they say has been assisting terrorists who have been attacking Egyptian soldiers in the Sinai. Apparently Cairo does not accept the Obama Administration scripted fiction that the new Hamas-PA government is run by “technocrats.” Egypt understands that a Hamas-appointed “technocrat” is, first and foremost, a functionary of Hamas.

So the bulldozers are rumbling in Rafah. As a result of the Israel-Egypt peace treaty of 1979, the city of Rafah was split in half. Part of it is on the Gaza side of the border. Residents in the “Egyptian” part of town are now being evicted willy-nilly, in order to make room for a buffer zone that will be nine miles long, and with water-filled trenches that will be more than 500 yards wide — that’s half a kilometer, or five football fields.

Yet nary a word of protest from the White House, nor any suggestion of delaying any U.S. arms deliveries to Egypt.

That’s not all. In response to the recent attacks in Sinai, the Egyptians have imposed a dawn-to-dusk curfew all along the Egypt-Gaza border. In other words, no resident of Rafah can leave his or her home after dark, for any reason.\

Read more »

EXCLUSIVE: ISIS terror links in New Zealand

x

Considerable research from many people has gone into this story. The evidence of Kiwis involved with ISIS in New Zealand is alarming.

Given that worldwide the Islamic State is attracting widespread media attention, I write to bring your attention to a possible story on the rise and potential threat of Islamic extremism in New Zealand. John Key has been talking of sending SAS troops to fight ISIS and we have had what could be described as a veiled threat from one Muslim association and Key has mentioned there are some people in NZ who would want to fight for ISIS. John Hudson did a good job on a Sunday programme in shining a light on part of this story with the investigation into the former Black Power gang member turned Muslim extremist now called Haroon but there is much more to tell and to investigate.

The Federation of Islamic Associations of New Zealand has condemned the violence associated with ISIS but their statement fell short of condemning the ideology of ISIS or their enforced “infidel tax” (Jizya). The statement also seemed to suggest that allied forces fighting terrorism were just as abhorrent as the terrorists. Perhaps it is a stretch but it seems that the Muslim Community in NZ does not totally unreservedly reject the Islamic State and would embrace their goals of worldwide Shari’a law (though perhaps not through violence). What is more concerning is that there seem to be a group within NZ who would advocate for violence and would be willing to support IS.

The global increase in Islamic extremism in the last 12 months

The world is at war for the 3rd time, whether we want to admit it or not, and NZ is not immune. Australia has just confirmed it will send military equipment to help Kurdish forces against the Islamic State. The black flag waving jihadist group has a mission to kill anyone who stands in their way or “makes problem”.

While it may seem that the Islamic State is fighting in Syria and Iraq, far away, they want the whole world to be under Sharia law. Governments around the world are looking to keep their local citizens safe from the same fate as those killed overseas. New anti-terrorism laws are being considered in Britain, the Netherlands, Australia, and France. These laws look to confiscate passports, increase surveillance, and arrest those suspected of bringing the jihad back from overseas.

Such measures may seem an affront to basic rights of privacy and freedoms but the consequences of waiting for something to happen before acting are dire. The murder of people in the Twin Towers (2001), at a Bali nightclub (2002), in Spanish trains (2004), on London public transport (2005), in coordinated attacks across Mumbai (2008), while finishing a marathon in Boston (2013), and many more are all linked to Islamic terrorism. Last month, chemical weapons were found in a house in Brisbane where the plan was to attack Sydney public transport. Two French teenagers were arrested last week after security forces uncovered their plot to bomb a synagogue in a suicide attack. Also last week, USA Federal agents issued a warning bulletin for an imminent terrorist attack at the Mexican border.

The groups claiming responsibility for the attacks above share a common ideology and methodology; to institute Sharia law across the world through violence. Of particular interest, local citizens, not foreigners, carried out many of the attacks, particularly those more recent. Currently, citizens from 81 countries have gone to fight with the Islamic State according to one intelligence organisation. The problem with this is that such people will return to their home countries more radicalised, better trained, and more likely to carry out an attack on home soil.    Read more »