- Is it true that Mark Ford is being paid for his Chief Executive’s role at Watercare, but also his role as Chairman of ARTA.
- How much money does Mark Ford actually end up getting in his pocket -is it the Watercare salary only, or Watercare + ARTA?
- And if yes, is it true this is as much as $700,000 per annum?
- Is it true that Mark Ford has been assiduosly courting the Auckland political left and right over the better part of a decade with acts of patronage?
- For example, is it true that Mike Lee (now chairman of the ARC) was employed by Watercare in 2001-2002 when Lee failed to get elected to the ARC in 2001, only to return when a by-election occurred 7 months later?
- Who else in Auckland or NZ politics has benefitted with Watercare patronage? Richard Worth’s daughter is also alleged to have gotten a nice PR number at Watercare in 2006.
Mark Ford is the Chairman of ARTA, the organisation that controls Auckland Transport (excluding state highways). But who funds ARTA? The Auckland Regional Council, whose Chairman is Mike Lee. Who else serves on the ARTA Board? Mike Williams, ex Labour Party President.
Mark Ford is rumoured to be good friends with Rodney Hide (a Newmaket neighbourhood connection). But Mark Ford also sits on the Bruce Jesson foundation (Jesson was a prominent Alliance Party member, ARC politician and left-wing theorist in the 1990s). Who else sits on the Bruce Jesson Foundation with him? Interestingly, it’s Mike Lee, Jane Kelsey, Joe Atkinson, plus also Gary Swift, the General Manager of Finance at Watercare.
- Do Watercare contribute financially or in kind to the Bruce Jesson Foundation?
- What other political organisations have Watercare offered financial or in kind support to in the last six years?
Is Mark Ford too political and too close to the action to make objective judgments about Auckland’s transition towards a Supercity?
I suggest you join the dots and come to your own conclusions.