IWI = I Want It
Same as iwi.
This has a Whaleoil IWI rating of 5 out of 5.
So what does the PlayBook have to offer? It turns out, quite a lot. Featuring a 7″ screen (much like the newSamsung Galaxy Tab), the PlayBook sports a 1Ghz dual-core processor, has 1GB of RAM, and touts the ability to multi-task and run Flash 10.1.
To a large extent, the PlayBook looks like it’s a showcase of RIM’s acquisition of QNX. QNX Neutrino is the base of the new OS.
RIM is selling this as the first “enterprise-ready” professional tablet.
Check out the specs:
- 7″ LCD, 1024 x 600, WSVGA, capacitive touch screen with full multi-touch and gesture support.
- BlackBerry Tablet OS with support for symmetric multiprocessing.
- 1 GHz dual-core processor.
- 1 GB RAM.
- Dual HD cameras (3 MP front facing, 5 MP rear facing), supports 1080p HD video recording.
- Video playback: 1080p HD Video, H.264, MPEG, DivX, WMV.
- Audio playback: MP3, AAC, WMA.
- HDMI video output.
- Wi-Fi – 802.11 a/b/g/n.
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR.
- Connectors: microHDMI, microUSB, charging contacts.
- Open, flexible application platform with support for WebKit/HTML-5, Adobe.
- Flash Player 10.1, Adobe Mobile AIR, Adobe Reader, POSIX, OpenGL, Java.
- Ultra thin and portable.
- Measures 5.1″x7.6″x0.4″ (130mm x 193mm x 10mm).
- Weighs less than a pound (approximately 0.9 lb or 400g).
- Additional features and specifications of the BlackBerry PlayBook will be shared on or before the date this product is launched in retail outlets.
RIM intends to also offer 3G and 4G models in the future.