The NRA American Rifleman ha a list of the 10 handguns you have to own before you die…a bucket list if you will…they are:
- Colt Single Action Army
- Colt 1911 Government Model ¬†– .45 ACP
- Smith & Wesson Model 27 ¬†-.357 magnum
- Smith & Wesson Model 29 ¬†– .44 Magnum made famous by Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry
- Smith & Wesson Chiefs Special ¬†– .38 Special
- Colt Woodsman ¬†– .22LR
- Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan – .454 Casull
- Browning HiPower – 9mm
- Walther PPK – the James Bond gun
- Glock 22 – .40S&W
I have fired 1,2,3,6,8,9 and 10.
I have owned a Glock 17L and a Colt 1911 but it was in .38 Super. I fired/carried the Browning HiPower in the Army. I aslo owned a S7W Model 10 but it was highly customised for competitions.
I have always wanted a Colt Single Action Army.