What is becoming very apparent with the bizarre and crooked life of Winston Raymond Peters, 63, List MP of no fixed abode is that seems to be several strings in this tangled web of corruption and graft.
Let us leave aside the donations saga for a moment and look at the interesting connections that keep arising about the murky underworld of boxing and WRP, 63, LMPONFA.
Previously on this blog and on Roar Prawn we have mentioned the strange goings on linked with one Johnny Glozier and WRP, 63, LMPONFA and some side trips to Las Vegas to watch boxing. (More to come on that later)
Today Roar Prawn again makes the link between boxing and WRP, 63, LMPONFA connection with the interesting financial activities of Marco Marinkovich (am I the only one who thinks that Winston has much too many friends whose surnames end in “ich”).
Now some more connections for you that you may find interesting;
1. Marco Marinkovich was the Trust Chariman of Yellow Ribbon Trust which was shut down by Jim Anderton.
2. The Yellow Ribbon Trust was linked to boxing and poker machines as a source of funding through Dean Lonergan – As an aside Eric Watson and Mark Hotchin (Hanover Finance issues) are tied up with rugby league (NZ Warriors) and boxing!!
3. Keith Pittman (now deceased) Board member New Zealand Rugby League March 2002 to July 2006 – was CEO of the Yellow Ribbon Trust at the time it was shut down, his resignation coincided with media attention relating to DIA investigation into the Actives Trust.
4. The issue around Keith Pittman was that he became an informant for DIA in the case against Actives Trust in August 2004 the same month that DIA produced a report on investigation into “two Wellington businessmen” and alleged pokie machine fraud that also investigated NZRL links with the two Wellington businessmen. This case went to trial but was disbanded by Judge Behrens one week into a three week trial due to the state of the DIA evidence. Court documents were then suppressed for 5 years!!
6. Keith Pittman was found in the Actives Trust Court documents to have benefited himself by $130,000.
So yesterday WRP, 63, LMPONFA added another loose thread for us to pull on and when we pull on it we find that there are even more loose threads, murky dealings, and large sums of money changing hands. I wonder what will happen when we pull on the loose threads associated with Rugby league where they may end up?