GCSB hysteria

A few days ago I published a reader’s email in a post titled “Let’s not replace a nanny stated with a police state“.   Whaleoil readers took David to task in the comments, and he’s asked for another go.  As this email was CCed to many other people, including members of Parliament, his name won’t be withheld for this post.

via truth-media.info/

via truth-media.info/

The article here was to make people think, I included the 99% comment towards the end of the article to be provocative, and it got that response, allowing people to be dismissive, suggest I should keep wearing my foil hat. My response;

I don’t know what your perception regarding the 99% label is, and you didn’t bother to seek mine. This dismissal simply made you feel safe, confirmed you are right. I would suggest that perhaps you believe it means drop-out, loser, dope smoking hippie, or perhaps lowly paid care giver earning $12 per hour, soon to be wiping your ass, or lefty, labour supporter, conspiracy theorist etc.

We all perceive the world through our own ‘Lens’. This is haphazardly constructed by our environment and upbringing, experiences we are exposed to, we learned (self taught) it. From this we form our own beliefs or truisms about ourselves, our own individual identity. I am this or that, along with your own world view. Then we seek to reinforce this belief of self and me, if there is self there must be others. What you believe must be reality, right? Certainly it’s your reality, the media for a great many is extremely influential here in forming beliefs.


The word lens above can be substituted with Ego.

The Egoic self is against all others, promoting separation, judgment, labeling. This is the problem.

Repeating the same mistake of the Egoic self over and over, many consider this the definition of insanity!

IF you removed the Ego from the equation then we are all the same, all one.

Sadly you can witness these Ego’s in our Government’s debating chamber, failing to hear any competing narrative?

Sad and concerning because this is counterproductive to good governance.

Logical Conclusion

Our Egoic Government is insane

So who are the 99%? Obviously the majority including you, a more pertinent obvious question is who is the 1%?

Aliens? Foil hats? No.

The 1% , these are the people with Ego’s so inflated, who have made the insatiable lust for more whether it be for money or power or both their identification. These people threaten the existence of the other 99%. There are many examples of this most will recognize.

Concerning the GCSB, it’s not a question of fixing existing laws as to when we can legally be spied on.

It is an opportunity to explore with calm rational debate whether this is the way New Zealanders want to live; through fear do we want to suffer the consequences of the threat of constant surveillance. This is a radical change to our society, one that deserves discussion.

David Croucher


Do you want:

  • Ad-free access?
  • Access to our very popular daily crossword?
  • Access to daily sudoku?
  • Access to Incite Politics magazine articles?
  • Access to podcasts?
  • Access to political polls?

Our subscribers’ financial support is the reason why we have been able to offer our latest service; Audio blogs. 

Click Here  to support us and watch the number of services grow.

As much at home writing editorials as being the subject of them, Cam has won awards, including the Canon Media Award for his work on the Len Brown/Bevan Chuang story. When he’s not creating the news, he tends to be in it, with protagonists using the courts, media and social media to deliver financial as well as death threats.

They say that news is something that someone, somewhere, wants kept quiet. Cam Slater doesn’t do quiet and, as a result, he is a polarising, controversial but highly effective journalist who takes no prisoners.

He is fearless in his pursuit of a story.

Love him or loathe him, you can’t ignore him.

To read Cam’s previous articles click on his name in blue.

Tagged:
52%