The Michael Laws Dale Carnegie Course in making friends

Michael says he want’s more exposure for this views.  Let’s help him out.  Here’s a little Facebook stoush he’s been in just recently.

08/12/2013 01:17
Kirsten Moffitt
Hi
I am a mum of a child with Smith Magenis Syndrome and your comments about DS are so ignorant. My son, like many children with DS, are thriving. It is amazing what early intervention can achieve. There are kids with DS getting their driver licences and being accepted into US universities without any quotas. My son is loved by his classmates at 6 years old and their parents often say to me how he enriches the class. Genetic testing should be available but I’m not sure people in your position should promote it. Cost to the health system? Let’s test unborn children for the cancer gene then and abort them too. What is the point of spending so much money on a kid that will just die? How does that feel. Maybe think before you put a knife in other parents heart. Kirsten

via White Ribbon

via White Ribbon

08/12/2013 01:21
Michael Laws
Seriously YOU’RE ignorant.
No-one wants a Downs Syndrome kid – 9 out of 10 women understandably abort if there’s the risk, and good on them.
Zealots like you want decent people to share your experience. Sorry, we don’t want to. Thank God we have the test & that the vast majority of women make the choice.

08/12/2013 01:23
Kirsten Moffitt
Wow. I can’t believe you actually wrote that. Yeah I must be seriously ignorant.

08/12/2013 01:32
Kirsten Moffitt
PS what do you mean by decent people. Are you suggesting that I am not a decent person as I have a child with a disability

08/12/2013 01:32
Michael Laws
Please share it – PLEASE.
The rest of NZ does not want to have a Downs syndrome child: that’s why there’s a test. And when we discover there is a heightened risk, we abort. Perfectly correct.
You’re not decent because you want to impose your child’s affliction on others. That’s monstrous.

08/12/2013 01:34
Kirsten Moffitt
My child’s afflictions on others? If that is so “monstrous” why didn’t you arrange for his murder when he was diagnosed at 18 months. 1 in 8000 chance that I had an abnormal pregnancy. Not quite as simple as you may think

08/12/2013 01:37
Michael Laws
Shall I repeat what you said?
“Genetic testing should be available but I’m not sure people in your position should promote it. Cost to the health system?”
You’re a zealot; bye bye.
Most parents don’t want disabled kids. End of story & the Downs test is classic proof.
… and I’m a DHB board member, very proud that our DHB offers local women that test and that option and the opportunity to abort, if they so choose.

08/12/2013 01:39
Kirsten Moffitt
I’m a lawyer … so thank you

08/12/2013 01:50
Michael Laws
then if you really are a lawyer you shouldn’t be lecturing elected DHB members to deny their constituents the right to test their foetuses for Downs syndrome and having the option to abort if it tests positive.

08/12/2013 01:52
Kirsten Moffitt
Lecturing? Responding to a public post. Happy to send these messages to the DHB and see what their reaction is.

08/12/2013 01:57
Michael Laws
You’re a zealot and now bugger off: your threat is pathetic.
And abortions thank God are still available to Wanganui women with Downs positives – fantastic policy. Stops fascists like you imposing your weird moral choices.

08/12/2013 02:29
Kirsten Moffitt
Will do. You have done yourself a favour
Today

01:18
Michael Laws
Like most people I’d automatically abort a DS foetus. Commonsense.

01:30
Kirsten Moffitt
Didn’t you tell me to Bugger off last night? Why contact me tonight. How are you going with aborting people with ms tosa
“Today ” . . but obviously freud msy have had a point

01:33
Michael Laws
Replying to last msg from you. now off you go.

01:44
Kirsten Moffitt
Oh you think you need to have the last word. Good on you.

01:47
Michael Laws
Fuck off and don’t contact me again.

01:49
Kirsten Moffitt
I didn’t contact you after you told me to “bugger off” and after your incredibly hurtful comments. You decided to contact me this evening and then tell me to “Fuck off”. I’m the insane one?

01:51
Michael Laws
Yep you’re a nutter and you DID contact me – now FUCK OFF: can’t make it plainer.

01:54
Kirsten Moffitt
I contacted you in relation to your public comment which you are happy to share with the world. You have chosen to contact me and once again insult me tonight. What is with you?

02:00
Michael Laws
PISS OFF

Do you want:

• Ad-free access?
  • Access to our very popular daily crossword?
  • Access to daily sudoku?
  • Access to Incite Politics magazine articles?
  • Access to podcasts?
  • Access to political polls?

Our subscribers’ financial support is the reason why we have been able to offer our latest service; Audio blogs.

Click Here  to support us and watch the number of services grow.

As much at home writing editorials as being the subject of them, Cam has won awards, including the Canon Media Award for his work on the Len Brown/Bevan Chuang story. When he’s not creating the news, he tends to be in it, with protagonists using the courts, media and social media to deliver financial as well as death threats.

They say that news is something that someone, somewhere, wants kept quiet. Cam Slater doesn’t do quiet and, as a result, he is a polarising, controversial but highly effective journalist who takes no prisoners.

He is fearless in his pursuit of a story.

Love him or loathe him, you can’t ignore him.

To read Cam’s previous articles click on his name in blue.

38%