Parliament is sitting today.
You can follow proceedings starting at 2 pm on TV ( Freeview 31, Igloo 50, Sky 86, Vodafone 86 ), streaming audio via Radio New Zealand and streaming Parliament TV via the internet. After the sitting day, on-demand replays can be found at In The House.
Questions to Ministers
- JAMES SHAW to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by all his answers to Oral Question No 4 in the House yesterday?
- ANDREW LITTLE to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement in relation to young people looking for work that they are “living in the wrong place, or they just can’t muster what is required to actually work”?
- ALFRED NGARO to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he received on job prospects in the New Zealand economy?
- GRANT ROBERTSON to the Minister of Finance: Does he stand by his statement, “there is no evidence that inequality in New Zealand is increasing”; if so, how can he continue to argue that when Statistics New Zealand data shows the cost of living for the poorest groups and superannuitants has risen almost twice as fast as for richer households since 2008?
- MAUREEN PUGH to the Minister for Social Development: What recent announcements has she made regarding information sharing and the care and protection of vulnerable children and young people?
- KELVIN DAVIS to the Minister of Corrections: Does she stand by her statement that her department’s behaviour regarding their handling of reports into fight clubs at Mt Eden prison was “disturbing and secretive”?
- MARK MITCHELL to the Minister of Health: Can he confirm that 3,850 patients received a colonoscopy in August 2016 – an increase of 45 percent compared with 2,649 colonoscopies carried out in July 2013?
- FLETCHER TABUTEAU to the Minister of Finance: Does he believe New Zealand has a surplus; if so, why?
- STUART NASH to the Minister of Police: Does she agree with Detective Senior Sergeant Blair Burnett that more staff is the only way to combat the growing crime rate?
- IAN McKELVIE to the Minister for Primary Industries: How many industry groups have now signed up to a Government Industry Agreement (GIA) biosecurity partnership?
- JAN LOGIE to the Minister for Women: Does she support Equal Employment Opportunities Commissioner Jackie Blue’s proposal for companies with more than 250 employees to declare gender pay gaps?
- PEENI HENARE to the Minister for Māori Development: Does he believe that the lives of Māori have improved during his time as Minister for Māori Development?
This post is a Debate post about the goings on in The House. It is not a general debate post. Off-topic comments will be removed.