Parliament is sitting today.
You can follow proceedings starting at 2 pm on TV ( Freeview 31, Igloo 50, Sky 86, Vodafone 86 ), streaming audio via Radio New Zealand and streaming Parliament TV via the internet. After the sitting day, on-demand replays can be found at In The House.
Questions to Ministers
- JACINDA ARDERN to the Minister for Social Development: Does she have confidence in the current drafting of the Children, Young Persons, and Their Families (Oranga Tamariki) Legislation Bill?
- TODD MULLER to the Minister of Finance: What recent reports has he seen on growth in the New Zealand economy?
- BARBARA STEWART to the Minister of Health: Does he stand by his statement regarding the health target update that “the improved access to elective surgery target has again been achieved … Delivering more elective surgery remains a key Government priority”?
- JONO NAYLOR to the Minister for Social Development: What recent reports has she received regarding the proportion of people on working-age benefits?
- GRANT ROBERTSON to the Minister of Finance: Does he stand by all his statements?
- SIMON O’CONNOR to the Minister for Communications: What update can he give on the Government’s 4G cellular mobile target?
- CARMEL SEPULONI to the Minister for Social Development: Does she stand by her statement, “the Ministry of Social Development has robust procedures for gathering and protecting personal information”?
- JAN LOGIE to the Minister for Social Development: What changes, if any, will she make to the Children, Young Persons, and Their Families (Oranga Tamariki) Legislation Bill to ensure a whānau-first approach, after she announced yesterday that she had “nuanced” the current Bill too much?
- TODD BARCLAY to the Minister for Tertiary Education: What reports has he received that detail the economic growth in the regions as a result of international education?
- SUE MORONEY to the Minister of Transport: Will he ensure that police checks are conducted as part of a standard employment process before people are appointed to general manager roles in the Ministry of Transport?
- JULIE ANNE GENTER to the Minister of Transport: Does he stand by his statement that “the Government is sceptical about light rail” now that both Auckland Transport and the NZ Transport Agency have confirmed rail will go to the North Shore?
- KANWALJIT SINGH BAKSHI to the Minister of Corrections: What recent agreement has been signed with the Kingitanga to improve outcomes for Māori offenders?
This post is a Debate post about the goings on in The House. It is not a general debate post. Off-topic comments will be removed.