Claim: Hamas paid family to claim baby killed by tear gas

The truth starts coming out, but will we hear Jacinda Ardern or Golriz Ghahraman retract their accusations?

The Times of Israel reports: Quote:

A 20-year-old Palestinian indicted Thursday on terror-related charges told Israeli investigators during his interrogation that Hamas leader Yahya Sinwar had paid his relatives to tell the media that his baby cousin had died of tear gas inhalation.

On May 28, IDF forces arrested Mahmoud Omar along with another member of Fatah’s armed wing, the Al-Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigades, after they attempted to infiltrate into Israel and torch an unmanned IDF post, the Southern District Attorney’s indictment against him said.

Omar had been serving as the lookout as two other members of his squad were to cut through the fence and cross through into Israel. The group did not manage to carry out the attack as they came under IDF fire. Israeli forces captured Omar and one other accomplice, while the third attacker managed to flee, according to the indictment.

IDF troops found wire-cutters as well as a bottle of gasoline and a video camera at the scene.

During his questioning, Omar told interrogators the details of the planned attack as well as his involvement in various other terror-related activities.

The suspect also disclosed that he was related to Layla Ghandour, the 9-month-old baby whose May 14 death was originally reported to have been caused by inhalation of tear gas sprayed by Israeli forces at Gaza border protesters.

According to the indictment, Omar told authorities that two weeks prior to his arrest, he had been among the 40,000 Gazans taking part in protests at the border when his mother called to inform him that his baby cousin had died.

Upon arriving home shortly thereafter, the suspect was told that Layla had died of a blood disease similar to the one that took the life of the deceased infant’s brother, who succumbed to the condition at the same age in 2017.

However, Omar told authorities, Hamas leader Yahya Sinwar paid Layla’s parents, Miriam and Anwar Ghandour, NIS 8,000 ($2,206) to tell the media that the infant had died due to tear gas inhalation at the Gaza protests.

Among the charges filed by the Southern District Attorney’s Office against Omar were allegations of membership in a terror organization, military training for terror purposes, rioting, attempted infiltration, attempted arson and damaging IDF property.

The indictment claimed that Omar had been promised financial aid for his family in return for joining the Mujahideen, a branch of the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, which Israel and the US both deem to be a terror organization.

The suspect had allegedly been active in the Mujahideen throughout the course of 2017 and had carried out guard duty, during which he had been instructed to fire at IDF forces if they approached the border.

The prosecution said that in a hearing Thursday afternoon it would request that Omar be remanded until the end of proceedings against him.

Thursday’s indictment was filed less than a month after the Hamas-run Gaza Health Ministry said that Layla’s death remained under investigation. Gaza medical officials had cast doubt on initial claims that she had died from Israeli tear gas.

On the day of Layla’s death on May 14, the health ministry initially said she died from tear gas fired by Israeli forces. But after her funeral the following day, a medical official told the AP news agency that he believed a serious preexisting medical condition was to blame for her death.

Reports that she had died from tear gas fired by Israeli troops during mass protests on the Gaza border were prominent in global news coverage of the violence for much of the day she died. Her funeral was filmed and featured on global TV news broadcasts and newspaper front pages.

The health ministry initially included Layla on its list of the 62 people killed during protests on May 14 and 15, before removing it later that month.

The ministry said it was referring the case to the forensic medicine department to issue a ruling. Hamas’s Justice Ministry, which controls the forensic medicine department, said it ended its investigation and referred the file to Gaza’s attorney general. Both authorities have since declined to comment. End quote.

Banned terror organisation Hamas won’t stop at anything. They are prepared to use the tragic death of an infant from a blood disease to libel Israel and the complicit media ran the story. I’ll bet they won’t run anything about this development.

Pallywood is alive and well, as is fake news when it comes to attacking Israel.

Do you want:

  • Ad-free access?
  • Access to our very popular daily crossword?
  • Access to daily sudoku?
  • Access to Incite Politics magazine articles?
  • Access to podcasts?
  • Access to political polls?

Our subscribers’ financial support is the reason why we have been able to offer our latest service; Audio blogs. 

Click Here  to support us and watch the number of services grow.

As much at home writing editorials as being the subject of them, Cam has won awards, including the Canon Media Award for his work on the Len Brown/Bevan Chuang story. When he’s not creating the news, he tends to be in it, with protagonists using the courts, media and social media to deliver financial as well as death threats.

They say that news is something that someone, somewhere, wants kept quiet. Cam Slater doesn’t do quiet and, as a result, he is a polarising, controversial but highly effective journalist who takes no prisoners.

He is fearless in his pursuit of a story.

Love him or loathe him, you can’t ignore him.

To read Cam’s previous articles click on his name in blue.

Listen to this post:
Voiced by Amazon Polly