David “Tainted” Fisher

Poor Nicky, on edge after cops raid his house

Nicky Hager is crying a river of tears to anyone who will listen, which is most of the complicit media, like his pal David “Tainted” Fisher:

The family of journalist Nicky Hager have been left worried and afraid after a 10-hour police search of his home in a bid to find the hacker Rawshark.

Computers and papers were seized in what appeared to be an attempt to discover the identity of the person who provided information used in his Dirty Politics book.

[…]

Hager said five officers came to his Wellington home last Thursday with a search warrant.

He was in Auckland at the time, giving lectures at the University of Auckland.

“Soon after the police arrived, the lead detective stated that I was not a suspect in their case, merely a witness.”

Hager’s sister Mandy Hager was present at the raid, and described on Twitter last night what took place.

“I observed police as they searched – polite and respectful (and slightly sheepish) – clearly strings pulled from above #dirtypolitics,” she wrote.

A police spokesman told the Herald officers had not deliberately waited until after the September 20 election to conduct the search.

“No. This is a purely operational decision based on where our inquiries have led us to date.”

In a media statement, a spokesman confirmed police had removed “computers and related items under search warrant from a Wellington address” as part of their ongoing investigation into alleged hacking of Slater’s emails.

Read more »

Maybe “Tainted” Fisher should go to Russia to work

David “Tainted” Fisher’s “skills” as a journalist could certainly earn him some big bucks in Russia.

He will be a shoe in when he shows how he established the role of embedded journalist inside a crook’s mansion on his CV. Plus his ability to pretend to be an investigative journalist when an illegal hacker hands over all the investigation stuff and all he has to do is badger people’s employers and associates into a one liner to give the appearance of balance. Even better if he can arrange for them to be sacked…now that is journalism he can sell…oh wait he already did that in NZ.

His CV more than qualifies him for a media role in Russia:

In today?s Russia, by contrast, the idea of truth is irrelevant. On Russian ?news? broadcasts, the borders between fact and fiction have become utterly blurred. Russian current-affairs programs feature apparent actors posing as refugees from eastern Ukraine, crying for the cameras about invented threats from imagined fascist gangs. During one Russian news broadcast, a woman related how Ukrainian nationalists had crucified a child in the eastern Ukrainian city of Sloviansk. When Alexei Volin, Russia?s deputy minister of communications, was confronted with the fact that the crucifixion story was a fabrication, he showed no embarrassment, insteadsuggesting that all that mattered were ratings. ?The public likes how our main TV channels present material, the tone of our programs,? he said. ?The share of viewers for news programs on Russian TV has doubled over the last two months.?? Read more »

Herald and tainted Journo continue to run lines for Kim Dotcom

The Herald and David “tainted” Fisher continue to shill lines on behalf of Kim Dotcom.

They have run a story today about some supposed new “evidence”.

Government minister Jonathan Coleman knew the FBI was interested in Kim Dotcom before his officials granted the tycoon residency – a revelation which has led to accusations he misled the public.

The accusation comes after Immigration NZ released a statement making it clear they told Dr Coleman about the FBI the day before the criticial residency decision was made.

Dr Coleman – now Defence Minister – is now facing calls to come clean on exactly what he was told the day before Dotcom was granted residency by Immigration NZ officials.

It emerged last week Dotcom was given residency in 2010 despite the SIS urging Immigration NZ to tell their minister the FBI was carrying out a criminal investigation into him and wanted the help of NZ Police.

Dr Coleman was briefed by Immigration NZ chief executive Nigel Bickle on October 28, the day before Dotcom was granted residency.

Dr Coleman distanced himself from the decision, saying it was made by officials. He said: “Ministers had absolutely no knowledge of any pending FBI-NZ Police investigation.” ? Read more »

Roughan on Dotcom’s conspiracy theory

John Roughan damns David “tainted” Fisher with faint praise, this morning, for his big reveal that wasn’t.

Conspiracy theories may be mad but they are fun. When my colleague David Fisher unearthed documents this week showing how the Security Intelligence Service had cleared Kim Dotcom’s application for residency in New Zealand, only Dotcom could imagine that it did him much good.

The SIS had described him as a “bad but wealthy man” who was under investigation by the FBI, but let the application go through after a call from the head of Immigration New Zealand asking why they had it on hold. “Apparently there is some political pressure to process this case,” one SIS officer told another.

The director of the SIS was briefed at that point and it was decided Dotcom could not be blocked on security grounds. But they advised Immigration to talk to the police about the FBI investigation. The agency repeated that advice a few days later and went so far as to have one of its staff brief Immigration’s intelligence man before a meeting with his minister at the time, Jonathan Coleman. After that meeting, the immigration official could only remind his SIS contact that the residence category for “high rollers” was a Government priority.

So it would seem fairly clear how Dotcom got in. Immigration admits it did not talk to the police. Coleman is a nice man, a doctor, who would give anyone the benefit of a doubt. Dotcom’s wealth explains the “political pressure”.

If this week’s disclosure reflected badly on Dotcom, his own take on the events was even worse. His theory is that the SIS dropped its opposition to his entry at the request of the FBI who believed that once he was in New Zealand he would be within their clutches. ? Read more »

Why won’t the Herald speak about Dotcom’s latest court outing?

All last week we had breathless and wrong reporting from the High Court in the John Banks case, then on Friday afternoon Kim Dotcom got shot out of court on his conspiracy theories, and the suppression of the evidence against him was lifted.

3News covered it, Fairfax covered it, Larry Williams climbed in NewstalkZB on Friday night and even Radio New Zealand had extensive coverage.

FBI evidence against Kim Dotcom says his companies made more than $200 million over five years from his Megaupload website, and that he was aware of the site’s copyright infringement.

It shows his co-accused were concerned that if the authorities started investigating the website, the internet entrepreneur would take all the company’s money and go into hiding.

The High Court in Auckland on Friday lifted suppression on the summary of evidence the FBI has gathered since 2010 against Mr Dotcom, as the New Zealand courts consider the United States’ attempts to extradite him and three co-accused. The internet businessman’s lawyers had applied for suppression to continue.

The United States is seeking the extradition of Mr Dotcom and three other men accused of copyright infringement and money-laundering charges relating to the now-defunct Megaupload website.

The summary includes email and Skype discussions involving the four accused.

It details payments of up to $205 million moving from Megaupload users to the company’s accounts from which Mr Dotcom was able to distribute money.

It also shows Mr Dotcom talking about wanting to stay under the radar, and downplay the success of the site to the media.

The evidence includes a Skype conversation in March 2009, where Mr Dotcom talked to his chief technological officer and co-accused Mathias Ortmann about how they should prepare for lawsuits should they happen.

Mr Dotcom suggested hiring an in-house attorney to prepare them for anything.

The summary says that in three conversations during 2007 and 2008 between Mr Ortmann and programmer Bram Van der Kolk, the latter refers to the pair as pirates.

In each conversation, Mr Ortmann tells Mr Van der Kolk that is not the case, that they are service providers. At one point, he says that is providing a service to pirates and in another instance says they are evil. Mr Van der Kolk says a service provider is what they are legally but they know better.

Read more »

Sledge of the Day – John Key

John Key sledges out John Campbell for his conspiracy laden show on Tuesday night.

He said Campbell’s story had moved into conspiracy theorist territory.

“I reckon tomorrow night – and I know tonight he’s doing keas being run over in car parks – but tomorrow night I reckon he should do Obama not being born in America, and Friday we could move on to 9/11 and why the Americans were behind that, and next week we could move into the Kennedys,” he said.

“I mean, honestly, I have some respect for John, but when you do two years and come up with absolutely nada, then you do what he did – set a whole lot of assumptions to music.”

The left might be wetting their knickers but if they, and the Crook of Coatesville think that was a smoking gun then they are seriously deluded. ? Read more »

×