Tania Billingsley

Tania’s Stoop Pooper has returned to Malaysia

Alleged Cowardly Runaway Dirty Malaysian Diplomat

At the time: ?the alleged Cowardly Runaway Dirty Malaysian Diplomat

The Malaysian military official convicted of indecently assaulting a woman in Wellington has left New Zealand after serving his sentence.

Muhammad Rizalman bin Ismail was sentenced to nine months’ home detention in February after pleading guilty to one charge in relation to a sexually motivated attack on Tania Billingsley in her Wellington flat in May 2014. Read more »

Home-D for Rizalman

A night of madness has resulted in nine months home detention for?Muhammad Rizalman.

Disgraced diplomat Muhammad Rizalman has been sentenced to nine months’ home detention for indecently assaulting Wellington woman Tania Billingsley.

The Crown accepted he was eligible for home detention.

The defence, meanwhile, said Rizalman was sorry and had written a letter of apology and offered to pay reparation. It also argued he deserved a sentence less severe than home detention.

It had previously indicated it would apply for a discharge without conviction but no application was made today. Rizalman was also convicted and given a three-strikes warning.

The hearing in the High Court at Wellington heard submissions from defence lawyer Dr Donald Stevens, QC, and Crown prosecutor Grant Burston. ? Read more »

How the hell does someone like that make it into a diplomatic post?

Muhammad Rizalman, 39, pleaded guilty to indecently assaulting Tania Billingsley when he appeared in the High Court in Wellington earlier this week.

Charges of burglary and assault with intent to commit sexual violation were withdrawn.

Rizalman disagreed with some aspects of the police summary of what happened at Ms Billingsley’s home in May last year and a hearing took place yesterday to sort those matters out.

Rizalman said he he may have used synthetic cannabis, and was confused and desperate to go toilet when he?defecated on Ms Billingsley’s doorstep.

Professor Graham Mellsop told the Court yesterday Rizalman also scored highly on the “F Scale”, which measured whether a person was faking their symptoms.

He said that was consistent with Rizalman exaggerating his mental health symptoms.

Prof Mellsop said he did not believe Rizalman was in a state of confusion during the incidents on 9 May last year.

He said Mr Rizalman often claimed to not remember things and had been very selective with what he did remember, but he was able to give detailed accounts of what went on with him and the victim, which was incompatible with a genuinely impaired memory.

Professor Mellsop concluded beyond reasonable doubt that Mr Rizalman often does not tell the truth.

No shit. ?Oh, wait… ? Read more »

Muhammad Rizalman bin Ismail’s actual actions to be revealed in court

The man that was tried and convicted by Jan Logie and Mediaworks plead guilty to a lesser charge on Monday, but the court is still in the dark as to what happened.

What exactly happened during an indecent assault by a former Malaysian diplomatic staffer on a Wellington woman is set to be decided.

Muhammad Rizalman bin Ismail, 39, this week pleaded guilty in the High Court at Wellington to assaulting Tania Billingsley in the suburb of Brooklyn last year.

His plea on Monday came on the first day of what was scheduled to be a two-week trial.

Today, a judge will hear accounts of the attack from both Rizalman’s lawyers and the Crown to decide what really happened during the attack.

In an earlier, disputed, version of the facts, Crown prosecutor Grant Burston said Rizalman arrived at the Brooklyn flat, took off his pants and underwear before entering through the unlocked front door while Ms Billingsley was in her bedroom watching a movie on her laptop.

He said Rizalman grabbed her as she began to scream when he entered her room.

But Defence counsel Donald Stevens QC disputed the allegation Rizalman grabbed Ms Billingsley by the throat – saying he had only grabbed Rizalman’s shoulders and arms. [ as published, but probably should be “Billingley’s arms” ]

A judge must now decide what exactly happened at a disputed facts hearing.

Here’s something that we have never seen written in public before:

Charges of intent to commit sexual violation and burglary against Rizalman were dropped after the prosecution offered no evidence.

Keep in mind that all the other interested blogs and media were pitching it as a failed rape for months. ?But now the prosecution isn’t able to even back it up for an intent to commit sexual violation to stand up. ?Worse, emotive “grabbing by the throat” is disputed with “grabbed by shoulders/arms”.

This is the very information I’ve been insisting we would need to wait for before making any kind of decision about this case.

I still believe the two knew each other. ?This wasn’t a random attack. ?He may have been at her place many times before. ?He may in fact have had a relationship of sorts?with her before. ?He may in fact have been in the process of playing a silly prank which would have worked out just fine had the relationship been up to it. ?Instead, it caused a spectacular backfire.? Read more »

Time to discover the truth: Muhammad Rizalman bin Ismail faces court this week [UPDATED]

I wrote this article early this morning. I’m leaving it intact but have added to the bottom due to the fact the case moved on quickly just a few hours later.

Muhammad Rizalman bin Ismail stands accused of a number of charges related to Tania Billingsley.

The former Malaysian diplomatic staffer accused of sexually assaulting a Wellington woman will go on trial this week.

Muhammad Rizalman bin Ismail, 39, is due in the High Court at Wellington this morning where he faces charges of burglary and assault with intent to commit sexual violation over an incident in the suburb of Brooklyn last year.

The case caused controversy after it was revealed Rizalman was allowed to return to Malaysia following a blunder by New Zealand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade.

The former defence attache has since returned and denies the charges.

Ms Billingsley waived suppression so she could take her case?public. ?And public it went. ?TV3 and the Green Party’s Jan Logie constructed a story suggesting that John Key and Murray McCully were indirectly culpable for the alleged deliberate act where?Rizalman bin Ismail was allowed to return to Malaysia without facing charges.

This situation was reversed as the Malaysian government sent?Rizalman bin Ismail back to New Zealand where he’s been awaiting trial for?about a year now.

The Green Party, TV3 and the womens’ rights groups all piled in and presented a case for the prosecution in public without any balance. ?I took that role, asking some pertinent questions (as yet unanswered), and was naturally vilified for it and smeared as someone who essentially “raped” Ms Billingley a second time. ?Somewhat?extreme, as she was never raped in the first place, but that’s how extreme?the rhetoric went. Read more »

This one was kept very quiet yesterday…

Tania_Billingsley0907_840_472_100

If it wasn’t for me scanning through the headlines, I’d have missed it too.

A former Malaysian defence attache accused of attacking a Wellington woman has pleaded not guilty to indecent assault.

Muhammad Rizalman appeared in the High Court in Wellington this morning for a pre-trial hearing.

He had earlier also denied charges of assault with intent to commit sexual violation and burglary.

A hearing to consider pre-trial matters will take place in August and Mr Rizalman’s trial will take place later this year.

Well. ? Read more »

Murray McCully’s MFAT bungle slowly being diffused

Alleged attempted rapist Muhammad Rizalman bin Ismail and his alleged victim Tania Billingsley will be thrilled to know that by the time it comes to taking responsibility for the diplomatic stuff up that allowed ?Rizalman to return to Malaysia, all those that are capable of being held responsible have already fled, been moved on or “promoted” out of harm’s way.

A damning report into the bungling of a diplomatic incident involving a Malaysian accused of attempted rape is set to be withheld until at least early next year.

Officials at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade came under heavy fire earlier this year when they apparently left Malaysian counterparts with the impression that New Zealand was comfortable with a defence attache facing an attempted rape charge refusing to waive diplomatic immunity and facing justice at home.

In July, Foreign Minister Murray McCully announced former Treasury secretary John Whitehead would head an inquiry into events which “undermined public confidence” in Mfat.

In May, Muhammad Rizalman bin Ismail, who worked at the Malaysian High Commission in Brooklyn in Wellington, was allowed to leave New Zealand despite being arrested and charged with the attempted rape of a Wellington woman in her home.

New Zealand requested the Malaysians waive diplomatic immunity, but this was rejected after a series of meetings between Malaysian diplomats and Mfat’s protocol division.

A complete “draft” report is being held up until next year as it is feared it may affect the active legal action against?Muhammad Rizalman bin Ismail. ?The extra time this allows is being used constructively by those in the line of fire by getting well out of the way. ? Read more »

Muhammad Rizalman bin Ismail pleads “not guilty”

 

Well. ?Isn’t that going to set the cat among the pigeons?images

Muhammad Rizalman bin Ismail (left) appeared before the Wellington District Court this morning.

A former Malaysian military attache charged with sexually attacking a Wellington woman has pleaded not guilty and elected trial by jury.

Muhammad Rizalman bin Ismail, 38, appeared before a Wellington District Court registrar today and was remanded until February.

Rizalman is on bail with strict conditions including a curfew and restrictions on going to the suburbs of Newtown and Berhampore, and Cuba St in central Wellington.

Rizalman was arrested on May 10 following the alleged attack in the victim’s home in the Wellington suburb of Brooklyn.

He left New Zealand without facing trial after Malaysia invoked diplomatic immunity – apparently in the belief that it did so with the blessing of the New Zealand Government. Read more »

And we still want Islamic immigrants?

When you read the article at the NZ Herald about the 11 year old rape victim in Afghanistan being disowned by her family for dishonouring them then you really do have to wonder why we entertain letting Islamic immigrants into NZ.

All around the world we see the perils of such immigration where enclaves and no-go zones are formed and shariah law imposed.

We do not tolerate the subjucation of women in New Zealand yet we remain silent with increasing numbers of burqa clad females strolling our cities, subjugated by stone age belief systems….in New Zealand.

This wouldn’t be an issue but for the fact that Islamic migrants in particular tend to not want to integrate into our society, instead they want to apply their belief systems upon us.

It is time to have a re-think….otherwise we will be importing beliefs like this into NZ…at least if we did continue down this path then Tania Billingsley would actually have a real rape culture to deal with…unfortunately for her though they will simply tell her to shut up and put her burqa back on or face stoning.

An Afghan cleric has been jailed for 20 years for raping an 11-year old girl, after the child confronted her attacker in court despite fierce family opposition.

Activists said the girl appeared in court after being taken to a women’s shelter for safety from some members of her own family, who had threatened to kill her for bringing “dishonour” on them.

The sentence, passed by a court in Kabul on Saturday, came just weeks after five men were hanged for the gang-rape of four adult women and was hailed as a victory by activists. ? Read more »

Muhammed Rizalman bin Ismail still coming back

Tania_Billingsley0907_840_472_100

Jan Jogie, Tania Billingsley and her friends are going to be ecstatic that the diplomat assaulter will return. ?All the better to create a big media circus from it. ?Bevan Hurley has been reading the Malaysian papers

Malaysia will send a lawyer to advise a disgraced diplomat when he stands trial in New Zealand, the country’s attorney-general said.

Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail said sending the lawyer was part of an agreement struck between the two governments.

He told the?Rakyak Post?that New Zealand has promised the accused will receive proper legal representation, and he will select his own lawyer in New Zealand.

There is no doubt in my mind we can provide any number of capable lawyers that will take this case to the hilt on behalf of their client. ? The problem will be finding 12 jurors that haven’t already made up their minds. ? Read more »