Text messaging

Poor little Nicky is upset

zombie-hager

Nicky Hager really is a little weasel. He’s now whinged to the Department of Internal Affairs over the data release of phone records between me and Jason Ede.

He seems to be making a big fuss over the minutes of each call.

I received this email earlier today:

From: Katrina Taylor @ DIA
To: Cam SlaterRE: Information being released to Nicky Hager

Dear Mr Slater,

Mr Hager has contacted the Department and pointed out that we did not include in the information we sent to him the time of the calls and text messages, which was one of the details he had requested.

Time data was actually prepared for release to Mr Hager however an oversight on our part meant that it was not included in the information that was sent to him, or in the data sent to you.

Please find attached an updated table with the time data included.

I apologise for this oversight. The Department will be providing an updated appendix to Mr Hager next week.

Kind regards,

Katrina

Read more »

How does a total psycho like this actually become a teacher?

This woman is a serious bunny boiler…how did she ever get to be a teacher…oh wait…registration, it protects the kids.

A female former teacher accused of sexual offending against a Wellington boy gave him a cell phone and the pair exchanged X-rated text messages, a court was told.

She threatened to post pictures of the boy’s “private parts” online when the boy wasn’t replying to her or answering her calls, the boy claims.

The woman, whose name is suppressed, is on trial in the High Court at Wellington this week facing charges of doing indecent acts, unlawful sexual connection and sexual violation.

She is accused of kissing the boy and having oral sex between 2011 and 2014, in the northern Wellington suburb of Porirua.

Today the trial jury was played a DVD interview with the boy, who is now in his mid-teens.

He said the woman gave him a phone and the pair would text and she would call.    Read more »

Don’t use your phone, but you’re allowed to use your car nav system

Look, I get it – “texting” while driving isn’t smartJust like shaving or putting on make-up.  

Drivers using mobile phones and other devices while behind the wheel will be the target of a national police operation from Monday.

The operation will target driver distraction – including putting on make-up, shaving and reading.

The deadly habit contributed to 12 per cent of crashes in New Zealand last year, despite it being made illegal in 2009, police said in a statement.

National Manager Road Policing Superintendent Steve Greally said officers were noticing a rise in the use of phones, tablets and iPods.

“Given that the law has been in place for more than five years now, there really is no excuse for drivers to keep offending,” he said.

Ministry of Transport data showed that last year ‘diverted attention’ contributed to 1053 crashes – or 12 per cent of all crashes.

In those, 22 people were killed and 191 were serious injured.

Read more »

3News Reid-Research poll suggestions

To text Whaleoil or not to text is the burning question of 2014 and 2015

To text Whaleoil or not to text, is the burning question of 2014 and 2015

3News recently commissioned a poll to answer the burning question on every New Zealander’s lips right now and last year as well.

Should John Key stop texting Whaleoil ?

In a bid to be helpful I invite readers to suggest some alternative questions for future polls on the questions you would like to see asked.

My suggestions are below:

Read more »

The hypocrisy of Andrea Vance

Andrea Vance was at great pains to keep her door swipe card data private, she also refused to cough up texts and phone records between her and a minister.

But now in true typical media and left-wing hypocrisy she is demanding the PM coughs up his texts.

In the vaults of Archives New Zealand lies a unique collection of several thousand fading letters, photographs and papers. The Nash Collection offers a window into a world gone by.

Former prime minister Sir Walter Nash became involved in local politics from his arrival in Wellington in 1909. His personal papers are a treasure trove of information about World War II, the birth of the New Zealand Labour Party, as well as every noteworthy issue of the day.

Without them, a hole would exist in the nation’s historical record.

From the same building, chief archivist Marilyn Little will soon start an investigation into the deletion of Prime Minister John Key’s text messages.

Her inquiry stems from a request by the Green Party. It is a spot of political point-scoring, exploiting Key’s embarrassing friendship with hit-job blogger Cameron Slater. But politicking aside, the investigation is truly important.

In the age of the spin doctor, we now rarely know what a politician really thinks. Their response to a crisis is packaged up into palatable soundbites for news bulletins. Biographies, sympathetically penned by acolytes and admirers, have become another election campaign weapon.   Read more »

Dirty Politics cartoons without Whaleoil or Cameron Slater

Believe it or not this year there were some cartoonists who managed to draw political cartoons about Dirty Politics without including a reference to Whaleoil or Cameron Slater. Their main target was our Prime Minister John Key. He didn’t get as many cartoons about him as Cameron and Whaleoil but he still did pretty well considering that he is important enough to have access to Cameron’s phone number and texts Cameron sometimes ( although Cameron is not pro-active about texting him back and often just replies to be polite )

When asked by the Mainstream Media whether or not he thought it was wise for him to engage with the Prime Minister, Cameron replied that John Key is the leader of the National Party and he gives out his contact details to all Political leaders and Politicians not just John Key. Some may not like John Key but he is recognised as the Prime Minister of New Zealand and therefore deserves the courtesy of access to New Zealand’s number one award winning blogger and journalist.

Read more »

Misleading by omission

Don’t you just love our media…clamouring and demanding the PM stop talking to me, demanding that he stop texting me…all the while doing the very same thing they don’t want the PM to do.

Normally I wouldn’t mind but when they mislead by omitting salient details…well what is a man to do?

This morning Andrea Vance has an article where she “quotes” me.

Slater said the claims were “complete rubbish”. And Key fired back during Question Time, saying: “I have not had a proactive relationship with him.”

I did say those words…but they were in the middle of a whole lot of other words, which either she or the editors chose not to publish. And it was in writing so I could see if the reporting was accurate.

But in line with my personal policy that if you lie about me (even by omission) then I’ll reserve the right to tell the truth about you.  Read more »

Hookers? Other women? Why the secrecy, we paid for the calls

brown

Len Brown is in the gun again for his secrecy over many, many phone calls and texts to 5 numbers, one of which is the phone number of a female staff member.

The review into Len Brown’s extramarital affair with council adviser Bevan Chuang uncovered a large number of telephone calls and text messages the Auckland mayor made to five unidentified numbers.

Last night, Mr Brown declined to identify the numbers, saying the information was not held by him and details of his phone calls were private to him.

Papers released under the Official Information Act show that of the 25 telephone numbers with the highest frequency of calls and text messages from Mr Brown, six could not be attributed by the council to a person or company.

Council telco analyst Tracy Findlay did recognise one of the six telephone numbers as that of a female member of the mayoral team.

“The rest of the numbers were not located on our Vodafone or Telecom account,” she said in an email to Michael Quinn, the executive officer for then chief executive Doug McKay.

Read more »

Multiple fake text messages. How can this happen?

I can’t get my head around this

Text messages purporting to be sent from missing school children trapped aboard the sunken South Korean ferry are fake, police have revealed.

In the wake of the disaster on Wednesday, text messages apparently from high school children were sent to their parents on dry land.

But, having given their distressed parents hope for their missing offspring, the messages have now been revealed to be fakes.

The Korea Herald reported the messages cannot be legitimate after an analysis of phone records showed none of the students had used their phones since the ferry flipped over.

The ferry Sewol sank off South Korea’s southern coast on Wednesday morning.

One of the text messages, sent in the aftermath of the disaster as rescue efforts got underway, was sent by a student only identified as Shin, 18.

It said: ‘Dad, don’t worry. I’ve got a life vest on and we’re huddled together.’

Her father replied: ‘I know the rescue is underway but make your way out if you can.’

He received the response: ‘Dad, I can’t walk out… The corridor is full of kids and it’s too tilted,’ the New York Post reported.

So as I read it, these were multiple messages from multiple children.  That means someone needed access to their family’s phone numbers.  Receiving the text messages, the family believed them to be genuine – this appears to me that they were “from” the correct phone numbers.  The father replied and get another response.

What’s really going on?

Police said all messages claiming to have been sent from the Sewol after it went down appear to have been fabricated, reported the Herald.

Officers would not comment on the messages reported to have been sent in the morning as the ship was still sinking, many of which contained video and photos showing the boat going down.

Investigators at South Korea’s Cyber Terror Repsonse Center, part of the National Police Agency said they found none of the phones analysed had been used since noon on the day of the accident.

‘We’ve checked over 300 phones, since some people owned more than one phone,’ police said.

One sham message was sent from a phone owned by a fifth-grader in Gimpo, Gyeonggi Province, the Herald reports.

Police said the hoax is distressing for the families of the missing, adding that those responsible face criminal charges.

Can you come up with a scenario that explains all this?  With the exception that the authorities are lying about none of the phones having been used since the capsize.

I mean, how realistic is that?   None.

What are they trying to cover up, and what is really going on here?

EXCLUSIVE: Len Brown’s lewd text messages

These are just some of the texts Len Brown sent to his lover.

brown-txt1

Brown-txt5

Read more »